Application and Admission
IMPRS-UFAST is an interdisciplinary programme and it is important that you get a good overview of the various research areas covered under the Research School. Take some time to make yourself familiar with different fields of research and research interests of the individual staff members. Which areas do you find particularly interesting? Who are potential supervisor(s) in your chosen area(s)?
Be thorough in the preparation of your application. Admission to IMPRS-UFAST is competitive and we will have to go through many applications in a short period of time. It is therefore important that you submit your application documents according to the application guidance. Please note that IMPRS-UFAST cannot accept paper applications or applications sent to us by email, All documents must be submitted using the online application system. Any exceptions will be explicitly stated in the guidance.
We can only consider complete applications that have reached us by 6th January 2017.
Please note that you will need to complete the online form and upload all supporting documents in one step. It will not be possible to log onto the application system again to amend or complete parts of your application.
Step 1: Online application
Applications must be submitted using the online application form. We are unable to consider any applications sent to us via email or mail.
Step 2: Supporting documents
You will be asked to upload the supporting documentation required for the application. This includes:
- Letter of Motivation and Research Interests
- Masters Certificate and Transcript
- Bachelors Certificate and Transcript
- English Language Test certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Advanced English test, Cambridge Professional English test )
Step 3: Submitting the application
Once you have sucessfully completed your online application and uploaded your supporting documents, you will receive a notice of arrival.
Step 4: References
You must provide two letters of reference as part of your application.
1. Once we have received and accepted your application, we will send you an e-mail with the reference form and an e-mail address.
2. You should forward this e-mail to your chosen referees.
3. If you want to provide the reference form to your referees now, you can download it here. Please rememeber: your referees need to send their reference letters directly to the e-mail address that we will give you after you have send your application to us.
IMPORTANT: It is your responsibility to contact your referees when you receive an e-mail from us, so they can send their letter of reference to the address we provide.
- Take your time when completing the forms and carefully read through the questions. Please remember that you will not be able to save entries or log onto the online registration system again once you have submitted the form. It may be advisable to draft text in a word processors and then copy and paste it into the form.
- Start compiling the supporting documents early. You will need some time to gather all required information.
- Make sure you contact your referees and inform them of your application to IMPRS-UFAST to find out if they are willing to provide a recommendation. You will need to give them sufficient time to write their letters.
- Look out for emails from the IMPRS-UFAST office. Your spam filter might sort out emails, so check your spam folder regularly and make sure our email address is added to your trusted sender list if necessary.
- If you have any questions or problems regarding the application process or the online system, please contact the IMPRS-UFAST office.