Quantum Materials Journal Club
In the Quantum Materials Journal Club (QMJC) we discuss recent papers highlighting new developments in the materials world. The QMJC aims to bring together experimentalists and theorists in order to bring everyone up to speed with the latest buzz and to stimulate new ideas and potential collaborations.
The sessions will take place regularly every week on Thursday, 11:00 am, and consist of about 20 min of presentation and additional 15-20 min of questions and discussion.
No journal club sessions will take place in April 2020.
Mar 5, Strange Metal in Magic-Angle Graphene with near Planckian Dissipation
Date: March 05, 2020, 11:00 - 12:00 Speaker: Massimo Altarelli Location: CFEL Seminar Room I
- Topic: Cao et al., PRL 124, 076801 (2020)
Mar 12, Exploring Superconductivity under Strong Coupling with the Vacuum Electromagnetic Field
Date: March 12, 2020, 11:00 - 12:00 Speaker: Daniele Nicoletti Location: CFEL Seminar Room I
- Thomas et al., arXiv:1911.01459
No sessions will take place on March 19 and 26.
Feb 6, Dirac fermions and flat bands in the ideal kagome metal FeSn
Date: February 6, 2020, 11:00 - 12:00 Speaker: Michael Sentef Location: CFEL Seminar Room I
- Topic: Kang et al., Nat. Mater. 19, 163-169 (2020)
Feb 13, Light-field-driven currents in graphene
Date: February 13, 2020, 11:00 - 12:00 Speaker: Gregor Jotzu Location: CFEL Seminar Room I
- Topic: Higuchi et al., Light-field-driven currents in graphene, Nature 550, 224-228 (2017)
- Further reading: Heide et al., Coherent Electron Trajectory Control in Graphene, PRL 121, 207401 (2018)
Feb 20, The interplay of insulating and superconducting orders in magic-angle graphene bilayers
Date: February 20, 2020, 11:00 - 12:00 Speaker: Lede Xian Location: CFEL Seminar Room IV
- Topic: Stepanov et al., arXiv:1911.09198
Feb 27, Multi-messenger nanoprobes of hidden magnetism in a strained manganite
Date: February 27, 2020, 11:00 - 12:00 Speaker: Michele Buzzi Location: CFEL Seminar Room I
- Topic: McLeod et al., Nat. Mater. (2019). DOI: 10.1038/s41563-019-0533-y