X-Ray Free Electron Lasers: Entering the Virtual Lab (IMPRS UFAST focus course)
IMPRS UFAST focus course
- Start: Oct 18, 2021 12:00 AM (Local Time Germany)
- End: Oct 20, 2021 12:00 AM
- Speaker: Martin Meedom Nielsen, Christian Bressler, Shuai Wei
- Location: online
- Host: IMPRS UFAST
• Be introduced to the world’s most intense X-ray source: European XFEL.
• Enter the complex lab setup: Detailed functional view of a contemporary beamline
• Use Virtual Lab to execute your own live experiments at the European XFEL (Hamburg) .
• Look inside each technical component, make live adjustments to align/focus your x-ray beam
• Turn on the laser, and collect physical meaningful pump-probe data for a realistic experiment.
• Techniques covered: Femtosecond X-Ray Emission Spectroscopy and X-Ray Diffraction
Sign up: before Sept. 30. Designed for Master/PhD; others are also welcome. Send email to Christian Bressler [christian.bressler[at]xfel.eu] or Shuai Wei [shuai.wei[at]chem.au.dk]
18th October 2021
19th October 2021
20th October 2021