Markus Kowalewski - Coherent Signatures of Conical Intersections in Ultrafast X-Ray Spectroscopy
- Date: Mar 1, 2017
- Time: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Markus Kowalewski
- University of California, Irvine, USA
- Location: CFEL (Bldg. 99)
- Room: Seminar Room IV, O1.111
- Host: Angel Rubio
A major challenge for their direct detection is the rapidly varying gap between the electronic surfaces in their vicinity. Modern XUV/X-ray light sources provide spectral broad and temporal short pulses, which potentially allow for monitoring CIs directly. We present theoretical studies on novel spectroscopic methods, which make use of ultrashort X-Ray laser pulses.
The presented methods include Raman (TRUECARS), time resolved photo electron spectroscopy and possible signatures of electronic coherences in time resolved X-Ray diffraction.