Call for PhD applications 2023 is now closed.
28 interdisciplinary PhD positions in Ultrafast Science and Quantum Materials were offered.
How to apply to our PhD program
Online application only
Please note that the Applications must be submitted using the online application form. We are unable to consider any applications sent to us via email or mail.
It is highly recommended that you carefully read the "Guidelines for a successful application to the IMPRS UFAST PhD program" before you start to prepare your application! Make sure that you follow all the steps outlined in the guidelines document.
Required documents for your application:
1) Curriculum Vitae (CV)
2) Letter of Motivation and Research Interests
3) Abstract of your Master thesis (in English)
4) Master Degree Certificate and Master Transcript
5) Bachelor Degree Certificate and Bachelor Transcript
6) English Language Test certificate (for students whose first language is not English)
Take some time to familiarise yourself with the different fields of research and the research interests of the individual faculty members. Which areas do you find particularly interesting? Who are the potential supervisors in your chosen area(s)?
Call opening: 15th September
Application deadline: 6th November
Submission deadline for the recommendation letters: 12th November
Candidate Workshop: 12th - 14th February, 2024