Foreign Documents and Certificates

We regret that we can only accept documents/certificates which are in English for the purpose of the application to the IMPRS UFAST doctoral progamme. Documents/certificates which are submitted as part of the application (e.g. Bachelor/Masters certificates and transcripts) and where the original is not in English must translated into English.

A copy of the original document must be submitted along with the translation. For the application process non-certified translations are sufficient. Candidates who have received an offer of a place will be asked to provide a certified translation of documents submitted in the application process for final admission to the IMPRS UFAST. Certification of copies can be issued, for example, by a dean's or registrar's office of a university, a German embassy or consulate, a branch of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), a public notary or a Goethe Institut.

If you require further advice please contact the IMPRS UFAST office.

Go to Editor View